Find out where your nearest Cash for Cans centre is located by checking under 'Scrap Metal Merchants' in the Yellow Pages.
Visit the Aluminium Cycle section of this web site for more information.
Students can undertake a variety of activities including collecting, testing, promoting, selling, transporting, storing, monitoring, managing. They could also visit the recycling depot or receive visits from personnel associated with aluminium beverage can recycling. There are a number of associated activities on this web site, which could be incorporated into a curriculum-based enterprise.
Before you start a recycling scheme here are some key issues to consider:
- Who is going to be responsible for coordinating the scheme?
- How much time and effort is going to be required by students and staff to carry out the project?
- What will the impact/benefits be to the school, community, individuals involved?
- What are the curriculum implications for the project? (For example, this scheme may be particularly relevant to Business Studies or Commerce courses in secondary schools)
- How long will the scheme run?
- What planning is required?
- What resources will be required?
- What costs may be incurred?
Relevant School Stuff Activities: 7 | 8 | 9| 10